Yep, I did it again. I loooovvveee making up new words.
If you weren’t sure, I am talking about coconut snickerdoodles.
Yes, I did name them cocodoodles, which is really funny and it reminds me of a rooster. Just what you want in a cookie, right?
Anyways, we will get back to these in a minute. First I have five things for Friday!
1. I mentioned to you guys yesterday that Mr. Delish and I were going to see Top Gun in 3D last night. It was crazy. Mr. Delish was in heaven and I was just pretty tired because it didn’t start till 10pm and I am usually in bed snuggling Geoffrey by 10pm. I know, right? Livin’ the life. #YOLO
2. I watched a documentary called Dear Zachary the other day, and then I forced Mr. Delish to watch it with me a second time. Talk about tear jerker! It also shows how ineffective the Canadian justice system can be. It’s a must watch.
3. If you happen to be all over pinterest and just the interwebs in general, you probably have seen some of the cute little cartoons and gifs about Pusheen the Cat. So freaking cute. Beware: This site will suck up at least an hour of your life.
4. I have been kind of obsessing over these tutorials by Carli Bybel. I am pretty sure I am super behind on the times (as usual) because she has lots of videos already, but nonetheless she has awesome makeup and hair tutorials on youtube. Again, they will suck up your life! What I really love about her tutorials more than some of the other beauty tutorials out there, is that they are really easy to follow and she gives you lots of options for different products to use. She uses a lot of drugstore products and even if she is using something more expensive, like from mac or sephora, she will usually give you a drugstore alternative. As much as I would LOVE to own an entire Sephora store, it’s just not in the budget for most people. Maybe when George Clooney and I finally get together, that will change.
5. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for Cardero’s! It ends on Monday, so hurry and please share with all your friends
Okay, on to the cookies!
These, my friends, are coconut snickerdoodles. Or as I have fondly named them, cocodoodles.
They are pretty much the same as a regular snickerdoodle, but instead of butter you use coconut oil, and instead of vanilla extract you use coconut extract and instead of vodka you use gin…
Oh wait, that last one was for something else.
And then you roll them in coconut cinnamon sugar!
If these are wrong, I don’t want to be right.
Have a fabulous weekend everybody!
Miss Delish asks:
What are your five things for Friday?
A coconutty twist on the classic snickerdoodle!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Coconut Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grab two nonstick baking sheets or line two sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the coconut oil and sugar until light and flufffy. Add the eggs and coconut extract.
Now turn the mixer to low, and slowly add in the dry mixture until just combined. The dough should be fairly firm and not sticky. If it is too soft to roll into a ball, place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
For the coating, mix together the sugar, coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Roll the dough into one inch balls and then toss them into the Coconut Cinnamon Sugar. Using your palms to press the sugar mixture into the dough.
Place them on your prepared cookie sheets with about 2 inches between them. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until set and slightly golden brown.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.