Good afternoon lovelies! I hope your day is going just peachy so far!
I must say, this week has flown by and I think there is one thing to blame for that, TV.
Mr. Delish and I have a lot of shows we both like to watch, some we have in common and some shows he watches make me want to stick a pencil in my eye, and vice versa.
Shows we watch together:
1. Big Bang Theory: We have been watching this since it came out and I think it is in it’s 6th season now. This show gets more hilarious as it goes. When it first aired, I loved the show and I would always try to get people to watch so I could talk about it with them. None of my friends watched it! Now finally some people are getting into it. I can just say “I told you so” when they ask to borrow my seasons on DVD.
2. Modern Family: We started watching this one last season and have been too lazy to go back and watch the previous seasons, but I really love this one.
3. New Girl: It’s JESS! This show makes me pee my pants, literally. Well not literally because that would be a problem. It makes me giggle, a lot. Mr. Delish kind of looks like Schmidt, and he wants to be him too, so it works out!
4. Happy Endings: Another hilarious one. Mr. Delish only watches it because he has a crush on Elisha Cuthbert.
5. Top Gear UK: I know, you’re probably thinking that I put this one in the wrong column, but it was no accident. We both work in the car industry so it kind of comes naturally, the show is informative and it’s hilarious too so double plus! We actually download this one because we don’t get thhttp://miss-delish.com/wp-admin/post-new.phpe BBC UK channel.
PS. This is not to be mistaken for Top Gear America, ick that show is horrible.
6. Girls: This one makes me blush.
Shows that make him crazy:
1. Friends: He hates watching the same episodes over and over again. Which is what it is because I have seen all the episodes at least 50 times.
2. King of Queens: Same reason as above. What can I say, I have a crush on Doug Heffernan.
3. Real Housewives of Vancouver: No explanation necessary. This also applies to any other show starting with “Real Housewives.”
Shows that make me go crazy:
1. Wheeler Dealers: For those who may not know, this is a show that aired originally in the UK, but to my dismay, has begun airing on Canadian TV as well. This show features a short fat guy that buys and then later sells a car that a tall skinny guy repairs in the meantime. It is mostly the horrible scripted-ness of this show that makes me go bonkers.
2. Hell on the Highway: This is a new one, well in our house anyways. If you haven’t had the complete pleasure of watching it, it is about tow truck drivers on a snowy and dangerous highway in Northern California I believe.
I don’t know why anyone would watch this show.
3. Swamp People: I saved the best for last. This one is pretty self explanatory, I just don’t know what the draw is. One of the episodes I saw showed one of the characters accidentally shooting his son. That is all.
Okay lets move on from TV and get on to the food, shall we?
You all seemed really excited for the recipe and I’m in the business of giving you what you want.
Look at all those fluffy potato dumplings! Don’t they look like airy clouds that you could just have a little nap on?
No? Well, I want to take naps on food all the time, especially when said food looks as fluffy as these do.
My mom and Grandma have been making Perogies like these for years, they are easy to make but they take a little time and they are the perfect thing to make if you have a bunch of leftover potatoes, say after Easter Dinner!?
We always boil them up and then saute them in
a bit a lot of butter, until they get nice and crisp.
Then we serve them with fried bacon and onions and a dollop of sour cream.
Miss Delish asks:
What shows do you watch?
What shows make you go crazy!?
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- For the Filling:
- 5 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- Butter for cooking and fried onions and bacon for serving.
For the dough:
In the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the flour, oil, water, eggs and salt. Mix on low until dough forms a sticky ball. Cover and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
For the filling:
While the dough is resting, mix together the potatoes, cheddar cheese, milk and salt in a large bowl. Mix until well combined and then set in the fridge to firm up.
To make the perogies:
Set your bowl of dough near a floured work surface. Cut off about an inch piece of dough and roll it out on the floured surface using a rolling pin. Try to make it as round as possible and just roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick.
Scoop about 1 tbsp of filling and place it in the center of the dough round. Fold it in half and pinch the edges to seal (you won't need water or egg wash, the dough is sticky so it will seal on its own,) being careful not to get any of the filling onto the edges (or it will not seal.)
Set on wax paper or a cookie sheet and cover with a clean towel to keep them from drying out. Repeat until you run out of dough or filling.
Drop the prepared perogies into salted boiling water for about 2-3 minutes until they float to the top. Transfer a large pan over medium high heat with some melted butter and pan fry until browned on both sides.
Serve with fried onions and bacon and sour cream for dipping!
You can easily freeze the perogies on a baking before cooking and then place them into a ziplock bag so you can easily pull out as many as you need. Drop them frozen into boiling water to cook!