Hey Lovelies, I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday so far!
RW Garcia was so sweet to send me a case of their chips to try. I had tried their Curry Dippers before and they were to die for! Ever since I wanted to try all the flavors, and now you can too!!
The flavors are:
Savory Dippers with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and Tellicherry Pepper
Curry and Mango Dippers
Veggie Dippers (Spinach & Garlic, Red Beet & Onion, Carrot Tomato & Sesame)
Blue Corn Dippers
Sweet Potato Dippers
English Cheddar Dippers with Cheddar Cheese and Caramelized Onion
So many delish flavors to choose from and you will be happy to know that all the flavors are Gluten and GMO free!
I know you will love them!
To Enter: (you must complete both steps 1 & 2 to be entered)
1. Leave a comment below saying which flavor you would most like to try!
2. Be subscribed to my page, if you haven’t already you can do so by entering your email in the “Subscribe” box on the top right hand side of any page. Leave a separate comment stating that you are subscribed.
Extra entries (leave a separate comment for each stating that you have done so):
Follow Miss Delish on Twitter
Follow RW Garcia on Twitter
Giveaway ends on Friday, March 29th and winner will be announced then! Winner must respond by email to claim their prize.
**This giveaway was sponsored by RW Garcia and is being administered by Miss Delish. Prize will be sent direct from RW Garcia. Giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents only**
Happy Monday Lovelies!
I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!
I mentioned last week that I had made this cake and I am so excited to share it with you, so I am going to get right into it.
I saw this recipe on Pinterest a long time ago and I thought it looked so intriguing! You make up a cake batter, pour it into a pan, and it separates into 3 different layers while cooking. The bottom layer is like a dense cake, the middle is a creamy custard and the top layer is a fluffy, meringue like, cake.
I was hesitant just because Pinterest is known to have some wacky recipes that don’t turn out, so I was glad when I saw that The White on Rice Couple posted a version of the recipe on their site. I modified the recipe from a plain vanilla cake to a sweet and salty Salted Caramel version!
Good afternoon everyone!
It’s Friday!! Thank goodness, I don’t think I’ve ever been more ready for a week to end.
Mr. Delish and I had plans to go up to Kelowna this weekend to visit his sister but the roads are really bad and his brother in law came down with that horrid cold. So needless to say, the trip is off.
Since I now have absolutely nothing planned for this weekend, I’m hoping to get a bunch of new recipes done up for next week! I already have one ready to go, which was a twist on this Magic Custard Cake. It is delightful and I cannot wait to share it with you guys!
Today’s recipe is a bit different than what I usually post because its actually quite healthy and low calorie! I know, I know, that never happens around here. Not on purpose, though. I just post what I eat and if what I eat isn’t healthy, well then so be it.
Don’t get me wrong, I eat fairly healthy for the most part. My daily intake consists of:
Breakfast: Yogurt and a piece of fruit, usually an apple, pear or banana. I don’t drink coffee at all in the morning, usually just lots of green tea.
Lunch: Either a salad or a healthy sandwich on whole wheat with lots of veggies.
Snacks: I have a HUGE bag of this trail mix that I keep at my desk and will snack on if I get hungry during the day or I’ll have another piece of fruit or maybe a protein bar if I’m really hungry.
Dinner: All bets are OFF. I eat really healthy all day so I treat myself at dinner time, of course I’m still careful about portion size and I try to add lots of veggies as well. This is the meal when I can sit down, relax and really enjoy eating, so I am willing to splurge a bit.
Dessert: I do try to avoid dessert but sometimes I will have something if my sweet tooth is calling out. I recently discovered that these little babies only have 80 calories and they’re SO good. So I will have one of those every now and then. Or if I baked something and it hasn’t already been eaten up, sometimes I will have some. I find for me if I make something I am way less motivated to want to eat it, not sure if that happens to you guys!
So that’s pretty much my diet during the day, I know some people might think that’s not the best way to eat but it works for me and that’s really all that matters.
Now we make Borscht!
Borscht is such a weird word, it’s kind of scary actually. It sounds really…aggressive.
BUT it’s not, it’s really delicious! Some of you may think, ew beets. Honestly, at least with this recipe anyways, the flavor of the beet is very mild. To me it tastes more like a really flavorful tomato soup.
This recipe was out of my family cookbook (the same place that perogy dough came from) and it is delicious. It is made almost entirely of vegetables and not much else, so it is very low cal. The only thing that adds some calories and fat is if you add the dollop of sour cream like I did.
Miss Delish asks:
Do you splurge on dinner too?
If you bake something yourself are you less likely to eat it like me? or am I weird? (you don’t have to answer the second question.)
Good afternoon lovelies! I hope your day is going just peachy so far!
I must say, this week has flown by and I think there is one thing to blame for that, TV.
Mr. Delish and I have a lot of shows we both like to watch, some we have in common and some shows he watches make me want to stick a pencil in my eye, and vice versa.
Shows we watch together:
1. Big Bang Theory: We have been watching this since it came out and I think it is in it’s 6th season now. This show gets more hilarious as it goes. When it first aired, I loved the show and I would always try to get people to watch so I could talk about it with them. None of my friends watched it! Now finally some people are getting into it. I can just say “I told you so” when they ask to borrow my seasons on DVD.
2. Modern Family: We started watching this one last season and have been too lazy to go back and watch the previous seasons, but I really love this one.
3. New Girl: It’s JESS! This show makes me pee my pants, literally. Well not literally because that would be a problem. It makes me giggle, a lot. Mr. Delish kind of looks like Schmidt, and he wants to be him too, so it works out!
4. Happy Endings: Another hilarious one. Mr. Delish only watches it because he has a crush on Elisha Cuthbert.
5. Top Gear UK: I know, you’re probably thinking that I put this one in the wrong column, but it was no accident. We both work in the car industry so it kind of comes naturally, the show is informative and it’s hilarious too so double plus! We actually download this one because we don’t get thhttp://miss-delish.com/wp-admin/post-new.phpe BBC UK channel.
PS. This is not to be mistaken for Top Gear America, ick that show is horrible.
6. Girls: This one makes me blush.
Shows that make him crazy:
1. Friends: He hates watching the same episodes over and over again. Which is what it is because I have seen all the episodes at least 50 times.
2. King of Queens: Same reason as above. What can I say, I have a crush on Doug Heffernan.
3. Real Housewives of Vancouver: No explanation necessary. This also applies to any other show starting with “Real Housewives.”
Shows that make me go crazy:
1. Wheeler Dealers: For those who may not know, this is a show that aired originally in the UK, but to my dismay, has begun airing on Canadian TV as well. This show features a short fat guy that buys and then later sells a car that a tall skinny guy repairs in the meantime. It is mostly the horrible scripted-ness of this show that makes me go bonkers.
2. Hell on the Highway: This is a new one, well in our house anyways. If you haven’t had the complete pleasure of watching it, it is about tow truck drivers on a snowy and dangerous highway in Northern California I believe.
I don’t know why anyone would watch this show.
3. Swamp People: I saved the best for last. This one is pretty self explanatory, I just don’t know what the draw is. One of the episodes I saw showed one of the characters accidentally shooting his son. That is all.
Okay lets move on from TV and get on to the food, shall we?
You all seemed really excited for the recipe and I’m in the business of giving you what you want.
Look at all those fluffy potato dumplings! Don’t they look like airy clouds that you could just have a little nap on?
No? Well, I want to take naps on food all the time, especially when said food looks as fluffy as these do.
My mom and Grandma have been making Perogies like these for years, they are easy to make but they take a little time and they are the perfect thing to make if you have a bunch of leftover potatoes, say after Easter Dinner!?
We always boil them up and then saute them in
a bit a lot of butter, until they get nice and crisp.
Then we serve them with fried bacon and onions and a dollop of sour cream.
Miss Delish asks:
What shows do you watch?
What shows make you go crazy!?